Updated: Sep, 2023
Submit your name, email, and C.V. below to inquire about this position.
"*" indicates required fields
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR APRN.
At White House Clinics, we do health care differently. Our multi-disciplinary care teams incorporate the expertise of medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, and care navigation professionals to provide patients with comprehensive care designed to help them achieve their health goals. While our work is fast-paced, our teams enjoy being able to work collaboratively to support patients.
White House Clinics employees enjoy a competitive wage and robust benefit package including:
- Employer Paid Health, Life & Disability Insurance
- 4 Weeks of PTO
- Retirement Plan
- 8 Paid Holidays
Many employees work alternative work schedules which allow them a day off during the week.
At White House Clinics, we believe in providing our employees with opportunity for both personal and professional growth in a challenging and rewarding work environment. We recognize the contributions that each person makes to the team and value each person’s input as we work to deliver outstanding patient care.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in a medical or dental business office environment. Requires frequent contact with staff and the public. A position exempt from wage and hour laws, job may require work weeks in excess of forty hours and/or irregular schedule from time to time. Work may be stressful at times.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs a complete physical exam, obtains complete medical history and records findings. Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Interprets and integrates data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
- Conducts one on one patient teaching and education.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
- Participates in Quality Assurance activities and chart reviews.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition. NP agrees to keep current and accurate records in accordance with clinic medical protocol and is obligated to provide adequately detailed information to allow accurate and truthful coding of diagnosis and services provided.
- Discusses case with Physician and other health professionals, when/as needed to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Administers medications and injections in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines. Sutures minor lacerations.
- Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments.
- Educates patients regarding health and illness prevention.
- Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results. Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provide superior customer service to all patients, external customers (office staff of other offices, hospital, community agencies, etc.), and co-workers. Serves as an ambassador of the White House Clinics in all conversations and interactions with these parties.
- Acknowledges that White House Clinics strive to be a patient-centered medical home and, as such, prescribe to team-based delivery of primary care services. Recognizes that the completion of the above listed duties illustrates the employee’s role in aforementioned team-based care and accepts responsibility for being an active member of the team, including identification of quality improvement opportunities.
- Maintains personal compliance with all White House Clinic policies and procedures (OSHA, HIPAA, Standing Orders, etc.)
- Assists with other duties or in other departments as instructed by supervisor.
- Cooperate fully with all aspects of Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Participates in all safety programs which may include assignment to an emergency response team.
Nurse Practitioner may supervise as preceptor to a nurse practitioner student. Employee carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include instructing students; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
BSN, MSN preferred. Employee must have successful completion of an approved nurse practitioner program. Minimum of three years of professional nursing experience in a clinic setting plus two years of nurse practitioner experience.
Nurse Practitioner licensed in the state of Kentucky. Certification by national certifying organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Position requires the knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices and regulations to give and evaluate patient care, how to use medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care, common safety hazards and precautions to establish/maintain a safe work environment. Employee must possess skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care, taking medical histories to assess medical condition and interpret findings. Candidate must have the ability to maintain quality control standards, ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations, ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures, and the ability to communicate clearly and establish/maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to blood toxic or caustic chemicals, the combination of exam rooms and medical offices, frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work. The health center reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. Additionally, this job description is not intended as an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and the Center continues to maintain its status as an at-will employer.